If you’ve got a range of text or time using the the [HH:MM;SSi] formats in Excel And you’re looking to convert them into decimal hours, minutes , or seconds. How do you do it quickly? This tutorial will show some techniques to tackle this job.
Convert Time To Decimal Hours/Minutes/Seconds With Formulas
In Excel In Excel, you can apply some formulas in Excel to convert [hh] [hh] [hh]to decimal hour, minute, or seconds.
1. Choose a cell, then enter the formula =A1*24 in it. Then press Enter to find the formula out. If you require to fill the handle, move it over area to apply the formula.
2. Right-click on the specified range, and select for Format Cells from the context menu. Then, in the pop-up dialogue choose Number from the category list and then select the decimal points you want to use. Check out the screenshots below:
3. Click OK. Then, each time is transformed to decimal hours in one go.
1. You also can use this formula to convert time to hours =HOUR(A1)+MINUTE(A1)/60+SECOND(A1)/3600.
2. If you wish to convert time into decimal minutes, you can use this formula: A1*24*60 (or =HOUR(A1) * 60 MINUTE(A1) + SECOND(A1) 60.
3. If you are looking to convert time into decimal seconds, try this formula: A1*24*60*60, or =HOUR(A1) * 3600 * MINUTE(A1) * 60 SECOND(A1).
Convert Time To Decimal Hours/Minutes/Seconds With Time Convert
If you don’t like formulas to remember You can use the the Convert Time software from Kutools on Excel for Excel to change time into decimal hours, minutes or seconds with a single click.
Once you have installed Kutools for Excel Follow the steps below:(Free download of Kutools for Excel Right Now! )
Choose the time period you wish to convert to decimal numbers, then click Kutools > Content > Convert Time and choose the option that you require by clicking the Context menu. Take a look at the screenshots below:
After you have selected the option to convert the dialog will pop up to remind you of how many cells were converted. Select “OK” to end the process.
You can now see that each second the conversion has been completed.
If you’d like to convert your time into decimal numbers and store the result in a different location it is possible to follow these steps:
1. Choose the data range, then select the data range and click Kutools > Content > Convert Time > Convert Time. Check out the screenshot:
2. In the pop-up dialog you will need to check the converting option you want to use in the Convert Type section. Check the Save to a different location(Convert range is a single area) checkbox. Click to choose a range that will show the result then click OK and OK to close dialogs. Check out the screenshots:
The data is then stored and converted in a different storage location.
Convert Time To Decimal Hours/Minutes/Seconds With Super Functions
In reality, with Kutools for Excel it is possible to make use of Kutools Functions for Excel to translate decimal numbers into time.
Once you have installed Kutools for Excel Please follow the steps below:(Free download of Kutools for Excel Right Now! )
1. Select the cell in which you would like to place the result of your conversion and then click Kutools >> Kutools Functions > Date and Time then choose the conversion option you want by using the context menu. Check out the screenshot below:
2. Within the Function Arguments dialog, choose the data you wish to convert into a time data textbox. Click “OK” for the dialogue to end. Check out the screenshot:
3. Then , select the result you converted and then drag the fill handle over the size that will allow the function. The data range is transformed.
Within Kutools Functions, in the Kutools Functions group In the Kutools Functions group, you can combine or count data based on fill/font color, count characters extract text, reverse text strings, and many more.